Thursday 21 June 2012

Amazing people

A beautiful sunny day in Reykjavik this morning.  I woke up with a sunburn this morning.  Leave it to me to get a sunburn in the land of ice.

Last evening, while walking around Reykjavik, I came across a young girl who was putting her bike away.  She must have been about 6 or so.  She had on her helmet and was at her backyard gate; when she saw me she beamed, waved and said Hello.  She is a shining example of how friendly Icelandic people are.  Or maybe she saw my red face and it amused her, oh well.  It's a small population, 320,000 for the whole island (that's about the population of Laval), with Reykjavik at about 120,000.

Today we will be checking out and getting our 4x4.  While Nick is finishing up his meetings, I'll be walking to the Pearl which is a domed revolving restaurant with a view by night and has an observation deck.  It sits atop 6 huge water containers...part of the geothermal system.  Apparently there's another geyser there.  Here's. A photo I took yesterday.


1 comment:

  1. Good morning from very hot-soon-to-turn-tropical-Laval...(without a gorgeous ocean to enjoy:(
    I love these posts- keep'em coming!! I'm jealous of the one where you're at the hotspring. i can't believe it's that blue and natural- a real dream. Must be sooo therapeutic!
    Your posts are terrific:)

    ReplyDelete