Saturday 30 June 2012

Waterfalls

Before coming to Iceland, I did some research and found that there were great waterfalls to be seen in this country.  I made a note of the big ones.  But I never realized that there would be so many, like many many, like everywhere many.  I thought Hawaii was a land of waterfalls, but there were valleys with waterfalls trickling off the side of the mountains on both sides, as small as a ribbon or as awe-inspiring as it can get.  I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

It came to a point where we would not take photos of every single jaw-dropping cascade because there were just too many and I do believe I've become too accustomed to them, which I never thought possible.  Foss is falls in Icelandic.  Many of the smaller ones do not really have names, some are named with the river they flow into with the word foss added, but the signs went by too quickly for me to see the names.


Gullfoss
Seljalandsfoss
Behind Seljalandsfoss

Falls we came across while hiking in a canyon.







Dettifoss
Godafoss

No comments:

Post a Comment