Thursday 28 June 2012

Ice

So what to do in Iceland?  Walk on ice, what else.  Here we are walking a glacier tongue with ash from last year's Grimsvotn eruption still encrusted in the glacier.  It's called Svinafjelljokull or Pig Mountain Glacier and it's where the training scene in Batman Begins was filmed (see link below).







http://icelandpictures.tumblr.com/post/3020467463/batman-begins-in-iceland


Then after walking on ice, we watched pieces of another glacier (icebergs) float into a lagoon and then out to sea. Nick even tasted freshly cut ice straight from the glacier.










4 comments:

  1. I don't travel to interesting places. I don't even have a good job." "that doesn't make you stupid and boring,"morelli said. "Well, I feel stupid and boring. And I wanted to feel interesting. And somehow, someone told my mother and grandmother that I played the cello. Cheap Flights to kuala lumpur, Cheap Flights to kuala lumpur

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Men read maps better than women because only men can understand the concept of an inch equaling a hundred miles.”
    Desert Safari Dubai
    Dubai Desert Safari
    Dhow Cruise Dubai

    ReplyDelete